Sandler's Leadership Solutions
Strengthening the backbones of successful companies
Learn how to transform yourself into a leader with these insights.
Excerpted from our book, The Road to Excellence, this sample chapter addresses how to overcome common management "blind spots" that can undermine and destroy companies.
Successful managers must be able to effectively...
- Support corporate initiatives through the accomplishment of department goals.
- Channel their people’s efforts in the appropriate direction in order to accomplish those goals.
- Acquire specialized knowledge and skills relevant to managing people and helping them accomplish predictable results.
Effective leaders must build on those managerial skills, plus...
- Have an instinctual understanding about human nature, and why people act the way that they do.
- Be able to observe their people's behavior and analyze and respond to it in an objective, supportive, and constructive manner.
- Encourage, enable and recognize their people for their performance.